Senior Back-end Software Engineer
Our client is a leading data company focused on helping B2B marketers improve their program results, reduce costs associated with bad data and realize greater business value from their contact data. Our client was named one of Boston’s Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal and one of the 30 Companies to watch in the next decade, alongside Google and Apple. With steady funding and a strong team our client has doubled in size and revenue every year.
Our client is seeking a talented Engineer to build, enhance, scale and optimize their back-end projects. This person is a key part of the team that delivers our client’s core product: Data. This role is a blend of technology and data. Ideal candidates will have a can-do attitude, passion for data, extensive development experience, and will be able to get up to speed quickly. Excellence in communication and organization is necessary and the ability to take ownership of projects is key.
The Senior Software Engineer creates and maintains the systems that directly affect our client’s data. This includes development related to (but is not necessarily limited to) the following:
• Acquisition, processing, and distribution of both core and meta-data
• Optimization processing large data sets
The ideal candidate possesses the following skills:
• MySQL – Database development expertise including performance optimization knowledge
• Expertise in one or more of the following languages for complex non-web processing tasks:
• ETL – Experience importing, matching, cleaning, scrubbing large data sets • Object Oriented Development / CS Background – Ideal candidates should understand object oriented development, and apply OO concepts to everything they do. Formal CS background or experience preferred.
• Self-Starter – Looking for candidates who can jump in quickly and not be shy about asking questions
• Computer science degree preferred
NoSql – Cassandra, Mongo, Hadoop related technologies.
Search Technology – SOLR, Sphinx, etc.
SCRUM – Experience working in an Agile development environment.
ETL Tools – Experience working with either open source or commercially available ETL tools
This is a senior position. We are looking for somebody who has at least 5+ years of significant development experience.
Human Capital Consultants
Job Location: Waltham, Massachusetts, US
Qualification and Misc.: bachelorsDegree
Salary Type: salaryFixed
Apply Directly from GigaJob for Faster Process: Link (GigaJob Apply)