Our client, one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States is looking for someone to join their team.
Management of Employees
• Provide direction managerial oversight in outpatient coding functions.
• Plan, organize and implement system-wide centralized outpatient coding functions for efficient and effective operations.
• Develop and implement staffing plan to meet work volume and changing workforce dynamics.
• Monitor employee productivity and intercede promptly to address performance issues.
• Develop policies, procedures and standards that direct outpatient coding operations.
• Monitor outpatient coding performance metrics such as productivity and quality standards.
• Effectively recruit, develop and retain qualified coding staff.
• Promote professional growth, development and accountability in staff, students, and colleagues.
• Track and evaluate staff performance and individual development, hold staff accountable for achieving performance expectations.
• Coach and mentor subordinate staff in order to improve performance and expand responsibilities.
• Support shared decision-making to develop teamwork and team goal accomplishments.
• Identify talent and actively develops skills
• Direct and manage THR outpatient coding staff leveraging coding expertise across the organization
• Collaborates with Coding Quality/Education manager on identifying training/educational opportunities for staff as a group or individually
• Assist in preparation of annual operating and capital budgets for coding and reimbursement department.
• Manage approved budget to meet budgeting expectations.
• Participates in accounts receivables management activities to reach Discharge Not Final Bill (DNFB) goals
• Manage revenue cycle and denial management activities.
• Implement effective processes and procedures to address THR quality initiatives related to outpatient coding.
• Assist Director of Coding/Reimbursement in developing key performance indicators for overall coding accuracy and productivity across THR.
• Develop, monitor and evaluate systems that improve workflow and coding performance
• Participate in the identification, design and implementation of revenue initiatives across THR.
• Effective collaboration and support of other leaders responsible for HIM functions to build a cohesive team system-wide.
• Looks for opportunities to work across the organization to maximize individual and organizational performance.
• Promote professional image in demeanor, appearance, attitude and behaviors
• Keeps current on coding and denials and acts as a subject matter expert
• Continually conducts environment scans to identify industry changes, threats and opportunities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Full Time: 40 hours per week Mon-Fri 8:00am-5:00pm
Minimum Education Requirements:
Bachelor Degree in health information management or related field. Education requirement may be substituted with an Associate degree plus 9 years coding experience and demonstrated proficiency.
Minimum Licensure/Certification Requirements:
RHIT or CCS Required, RHIA Preferred
Minimum Experience Requirements:
5 years of coding experience in acute care setting or diverse clinical specialties. Must have 5 years strong leadership/supervisory experience
Minimum Skill Requirements:
Strong process management skills; Excellent written and oral communication skills; Training and presentation skills; Strong interpersonal skills and presence, ability to work well in management team environment. Ability to lead and motivate teams; experience in developing and managing an operational budget. Able to formulate, organize and analyze statistical data as needed. Proficient in developing and revising policies and procedures to reflect new and changed processes. Proficient working knowledge of ICD 9 CM and CPT. Basic understanding of E&M coding. Knowledge of outpatient reimbursement methodologies. Proficient in all encoder, data collection and report software. Thorough knowledge of state and federal guidelines regarding documentation content. Computer skills-PowerPoint, Excel, Word.
Our Company is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages all qualified candidates to apply for any position we currently have open. We offer competitive compensation, outstanding benefits and the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
“All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines”.
Job Location: Arlington, Texas, US
Qualification and Misc.: bachelorsDegree
Salary Type: salaryFixed
Apply Directly from GigaJob for Faster Process: Link (GigaJob Apply)