The purpose of this position is to perform the essential process design job duties and functions as listed below for LNG projects. This includes developing, managing and executing all process design and related activities in conformance with company policies and procedures, contracts, plans, specifications, schedules, and cost estimates. This role directs all staff in all functions necessary in their roles to meet or exceed all project process objectives. This position requires authoritative knowledge and background, holistic grasp of complex situations with the ability to move between intuitive and analytical approaches with ease, and see the overall picture and
This role includes responsibilities on sales pursuits, proposals, studies, Front End Engineering Designs (FEEDs), large or mega sized and moderate to high risk engineering, procurement and fabrication/construction/construction management (EPC/EPFC/EPCM) LNG projects. This position may be assigned responsibility for multiple projects at various stages of development or a single large or mega LNG project. This position will work closely with the LNG
Business & Technology Team, Sales, Project, Proposal, Machinery
and Engineering Managers.
This position will be responsible for developing, managing and
delivering the process designs for units including gas treating,
dehydration, NGL recovery, refrigeration systems (single, multicomponent
/ mixed) for LNG liquefaction, re-gasification, storage and loading terminals. This position will typically be the lead person directing all process design activity for a project.
This position will also perform the essential project management duties and functions of select pursuits and projects. This includes developing the execution plan, leading the project team, and taking responsibility for delivering the proposal or project phase.
• Adheres to and support Fluor’s Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) and Sustainability Policies. Ensure HSE is emphasized throughout all process design activities. Play an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed.
• Ensures execution of all process design aspects of the assigned project(s) in accordance with Fluor policies and procedures, Quality Program, project plans and contractual obligations.
• Leads and direct all functions necessary to safely and efficiently execute the process scope.
• Leads process design planning and schedule efforts during proposals, studies, FEEDs and EPC/EPCM phases of projects.
• Leads in the identification of opportunities, risks (and their mitigations) for process design related issues
• Works with project, engineering and procurement teams to identify
process design needs to support the project schedule.
• Works with commissioning and construction to identify and plan system turn-over requirements to support timely facility start-up.
• Participates in process, safety, design and constructability review
• Establishes and executes the process plan, including the exchange of information and ensuring effective communication and the addressing and tracking of needs, requirements, and issues
• Interprets the intent and requirements of the basis of design documents; ensures process deliverables meet their requirements
• Controls process design group schedule and cost through the efficient use of resources
• Other duties as assigned
Basic Job Requirements
• Accredited 4 year degree or global equivalent in chemical engineering and minimum of 20 years process design related work in the oil and gas industry
• Minimum 10 years process design experience with LNG projects
Other Job Requirements
• Ability to communicate effectively and make presentations with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and other stakeholders
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and timeeffective
• Experience in both a process technical and a project management role
• Professional certification is a plus
• Experience with commissioning, start-up and performance testing at project sites is a plus
• Experience with LNG liquefaction process design and optimization
• Experience with LNG project process design requirements and work processes from conceptual design studies, pre-FEED, FEED through EPC, commissioning and start-up
• Experience with LSTK and reimbursable projects
• Experience working with LNG and gas treating technology licensors
• Functional/working knowledge with process simulation tools
• Experience with writing effective proposals and technical documents
• Experience managing teams with 10 or more people and distributed work execution methodology